Recent Projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spudgun69

Reaction score
Hi,

Not been around for a while but thought I'd post a couple if pictures of some guitar amps I've been working on.

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

Cheers

Pete

Very nice Pete,
Nice finish, attractive, but lack lifting handles. They look quite heavy.
The only downer for me is, I don't like visible screws.
The wood looks thick enough to sink them below the surface then covered with wood bungs from a scrap piece of the same wood.
But still a very good job.

john. B

The guy I made them for didn't want any handles, I think they just sit in his living room as a piece of furniture. Just about to start some matching speaker cabinets

The screws need to be accessable so you can take the amp chassis out for repairs etc and he liked the idea of brass screws. But I know where your coming from about screws on show...

Ooh guitar amps, very good. Nice designs and look pretty sturdy too. You got any pics of others you've made? Do you source your internals in major component form or build them up from parts?

Cheers, Damian

spudgun69":hsp8thpq said:
The screws need to be accessable so you can take the amp chassis out for repairs etc and he liked the idea of brass screws...

Good looking pieces but I have to agree with others about the surface mounted screw. As shown, you've used screw cups to give a raised appearance, whereas screw sockets would give a flush finish and still have the screws accessible - Rob

I wanted to use the screw sockets as I thought they looked a lot better but couldn't find any large enough to take an M6 bolt, so reluctantly went with the screw cups.

The guy bought the amps from the states already built, although I'm an electronics engineer by trade Im more used to building guitars than amps..

Thanks for the the nice comments too...... :)

Which one.....? My best mates a guitar maker so made quite a few.... :D

These are two of the lastest ones

A very nice peice of cherry...
IMG_0550.jpg

And a bit of mahogany

Dscf0168.jpg

:D

Very good, that cherry top looks great. Only one knob, assume that's volume so do you not have a tone control?

You'll have to dig out some WIP pics if you have some

Cheers, Damian

I'd take it these are designed to be used in the home as apposed to lobbing them in a van and gigging them 4 nights a week? They wouldn't stay looking that good after a few sessions in a transit van.

what bit of west yorks ya from, I'm a yorkshire lad tha'nos

Latest posts

Back