Really stupid question!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spinks

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, I am looking around the forum, admiring lots of gorgeous projects but have been wondering...what the flibberty gibert does WIP mean? I am guessing its "what I produced" but the grammar seems wrong...enlighten me please!!

I struggled with that too.. I came up with, Work I produced, Work I Plan, What I Produced, (Of) What I'm Proud - but eventually got to Work in Progress, although I wasn't sure until you asked. Ha ha Jinx

Now there's a thought. Do we have or maybe should we have a sticky with a list of all the abreviations we use? I struggled with a few for quite a while - and still do sometimes.

Bob

Yep it does... lol

War-Fighting Improvement Plan
* WIP Warden Intercommunication Point
* WIP Warfighter Involvement Process (Department of Defense)
* WIP Warner Independent Pictures (Warner Brothers)
* WIP Wartime Intelligence Plan
* WIP Wash-In-Place
* WIP Water Injection Pump
* WIP Watershed Implementation Plan (various locations)
* WIP Weapon Impact Point
* WIP Weapons Installation Plan
* WIP Web Impact Factor
* WIP Web Interoperability Pledge
* WIP Wedding in Progress
* WIP Weight Improvement Program
to copy a few...

I googled CNC yesterday ( I know what it is but not the actual words ) and got numerous hits for 'Civil Nuclear Constabulary'

Lons":bxf2t13f said:
Now there's a thought. Do we have or maybe should we have a sticky with a list of all the abreviations we use? I struggled with a few for quite a while - and still do sometimes.

Bob

Bob..there is ONLY one acronym that you really need to know.

SWMBO

Roger

RogerS":1h6s6wcm said:
Lons":1h6s6wcm said:

Bob

Bob..there is ONLY one acronym that you really need to know.

SWMBO

Roger

Hah! I know that one. At least I think I do 'cos she kept telling me until I actually listened. I'm still the boss when she's out though :lol:

Bob

Got me thinking now :-k does it have another meaning - google here I come.

Ah- company names and logos.

My favourite was this old British Telecomm logo sign seen on the wall in one of their development labs. It had a pin through the centre and so could be rotated according to the situation

Attachments

• bt logo.jpg
    bt logo.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 267
Grahamshed":391s1r8u said:
I googled CNC yesterday ( I know what it is but not the actual words ) and got numerous hits for 'Civil Nuclear Constabulary'

I've worked with them on and off for over 10 years and currently building my own and I still have to think about it.

Computer Numerical Control

Mr_P":17th9adc said:
Grahamshed":17th9adc said:

I've worked with them on and off for over 10 years and currently building my own and I still have to think about it.

Computer Numerical Control
Thanks for that. You had be going there for a moment...... Worked with the nuclear police for 10 years and now building his own.... Own what ? Police force ? Bomb ?

Back