Re-handling an Oval Bolstered Mortice Chisel

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek Cohen (Perth Oz)

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had mortice chisels on the brain for a while, as some may be aware! :shock:

I have included below a link to a tutorial recently completed on re-handling an OBMC. I hope that this is helpful for some.

http://www.wkfinetools.com/contrib/dCohen/rehMorticeChsel/rehMorticeChisel1.asp

image044.jpg

Regards from Perth

Derek

So doing mind-reading now as well, eh? Was going to ask you if you'd done a SBS on this, and here it is. That's wot I call service. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

So we now have an SBS on an OBMC handle?
Did you use the LAS, the BUS or the BUJ (from LV or LN) or maybe your BUJ from Stanley?

Sometimes you lot are killing me with all these abbreviations. :wink:

Edited because I should of course have thanked Derek for the tutorial, before having a go at the abbreviations. :oops:
Sorry Derek and thank you for the tutorial.

Jasper

Nice handle and as much work went into the tutorial as well I'll wager.

One comment about the top of the handle.. should it it be tad more rounded so the mallet gets to strike only the centre?

Or is it my tired old eyes just failing me again!

One comment about the top of the handle.. should it it be tad more rounded so the mallet gets to strike only the centre?

It is slightly rounded, probably not enough to show clearly. Used a file to do this as well as chamfer the edge. Damn, there were a couple of steps I omitted - did this last night and too tired to check.

Regards from Perth

Derek

D'ya mean that rather than say Merry Xmas & a Happy new year Steve came up with an Alphabetically Condensed Representation of Neologically Yclept Magniloquence?

Andy

Latest posts

Back