Ratwood's woodturnings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RATWOOD

Established Member
Reaction score
these are pen's I have made please leave your comments don't worry I'm used to bad comments

100_2937.jpg

100_2938.jpg

100_2946.jpg

100_2959.jpg

100_2966.jpg

100_2973.jpg

100_2974.jpg

Getting a bit commercial there Chris :lol: are they moving well?

Presume your shaping is based upon what moves the most, personal preference is always for distinctive grain patterns and wood as opposed to acrylic and with gentle curves at most but it's not always what the customer prefers.

Clever work but the poor quality handwriting on the labels lets it down a bit. If you can find a book on calligraphy a practice getting a beautiful flowing, attractive script for your labels, it will enhance the product.

Chris, I would take Soulflys critque of your handwriting as a Thumbs up for your pens .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Super selection

REgards Boysie

Blister":xy6wqbuw said:
not a fan of pens with bulges in :lol:

Me neither, but I still make quite a lot of them because people buy them. I guess Chris finds the same.

Actually these are quite a good design, much better than so many I see where the barrels are fat and curvy but with a thin centre band. Like a fat lass with a rope tied round her waist.

Very nice pens RATWOOD like the slim end pens look as if they would
fit in the hand well...I agree with Brittleheart chubby pens look clumsy
as if you are trying to write with a Cuban cigar :lol:
I have a sister in law who is a whiz at calligraphy she always spends
hour on her greetings cards always feels wrong to discard them...
Did you make the pen display stand yourself RATWOOD..?? &
what did you use as a finish on the pens to make them durable
to constant handling...?

Soulfly":4rhcgek7 said:
Clever work but the poor quality handwriting on the labels lets it down a bit. If you can find a book on calligraphy a practice getting a beautiful flowing, attractive script for your labels, it will enhance the product.

Hmmm.........

RATWOOD":4rhcgek7 said:
these are pen's I have made please leave your comments don't worry I'm used to bad comments

Bad comments ! - Not very likely - All very nice looking to me. I in particulary like the rainbow acrylic? ones on the first pane !

Hi Chris,

They look great :D :D :D :D

I have just made my first batch of pens and I have had comments from the users about liking the gentle bulge near the tip. Again, I prefer them slim but in the end people buy what they like.

Thanks for posting your work, I was wondering what the different colour options looked like.

Regards,

Mike C

Having just presented by request a selection for choice, straight slimlines were selected by the ladies in the group, the gentlemen chose variants with a slight increase of diameter near the front, all said it was based on how they fitted their grip.

Back