Radiator Cover

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_sim

Established Member
Reaction score
As some of you may have noticed it's all gone a bit quiet over here, even on the pyrography side of things! That's because I've actually been moving into the new build house - workshop coming in the spring hopefully! :mrgreen:
I have actually managed to fit a proper job inbetween working and moving, so thought I'd share. If I'd had more time I would have took work in progress pics, but unfortunately was unable to.
The radiator covers below are made from 12mm Moisture Resistant MDF, to support the corners I used slightly thicker timber than I'd have liked (laziness I suppose) 34x34mm If I did it again I think I'd use 25x25mm. Fixing together was just glue and pins. The hole was cut out with a jigsaw and everything was routered with a pencil round. Any other questions, please feel free to ask!

Radiator1.JPG

Radiator2.JPG

It looks very nice =D>

Do you find the room is as warm with the radiator cover as without? I like radiator covers but have always wondered if they cut down the room temperature.

Regards Keith

This wasn't for myself, so I cannot comment on that specifically, however, we turned the heating on to test exactly that while I was there after the fitting. And all of the gaps I had left, seemed to allow the heat to escape nicely. Roughly, I think I allowed about 2" all the way around the inside of the cover to the radiator. And the gaps, roughly, are about 10mm on the slatted part, 50mm on the bottom and 25mm at the top. The reason for the gap being smaller at the top was for design aesthetics as if it were any bigger the point of the radiator cover would be effectively pointless, it wouldn't cover much at all!

joiner_sim":35d52yxj said:
This wasn't for myself, so I cannot comment on that specifically, however, we turned the heating on to test exactly that while I was there after the fitting. And all of the gaps I had left, seemed to allow the heat to escape nicely. Roughly, I think I allowed about 2" all the way around the inside of the cover to the radiator. And the gaps, roughly, are about 10mm on the slatted part, 50mm on the bottom and 25mm at the top. The reason for the gap being smaller at the top was for design aesthetics as if it were any bigger the point of the radiator cover would be effectively pointless, it wouldn't cover much at all!
Thanks.
Regards Keith

Back