quiet washing machines

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Wingate":1c66rm5m said:
Miele with a 10 year warrenty. Quiet and solid.

Likewise.

I was very impressed: I took the top off our 3-year-old Miele (washing machine) recently, to find a circuit diagram and parts list tucked neatly just inside the top, in a sealed plastic bag. How many other manufacturers do that?

Mr Miele was on Radio 4 recently. Came across very well. Apparently he tests every new appliance design at home (has two washing machines - one on test and one production model in case the test one fails), and considers his wife's opinion a very important part of the QC process.

How many other manufacturers do that?

Very few, in fact they are not supposed to be left in when installed. They are supposed either to be retained by the installation engineer or handed to the customer.

Roy.

Smudger":2k3k7dey said:
I don't know about their washing machines, but our vacuum is a cracker, and much better than a Dyson.

Ah a different subject but also a favourite. The best vacuum I have every used is a Sebo, better than even the Miele. Got it from John Lewis 10 or more years ago. The demonstrator was very dismissive of Dyson (which we had gone there to buy) and non commital about Miele. They just took the Sebo off the shelf, immediately took it to pieces and showed the constructiuon quality and used it in a demo. It was cheaper than both the Miele and Dyson and we bought it. Not a single issue, still works perfectly still looks like new and fills the bag completely with no drop off in performance. Looks very boring and semi industrial but you will see them in virtually every hotel in the world as they are bullet proof.

Oh and no I don't work for them, great bits of kit.

I like the Italian one myself...
Send it down to the river in full sun,
with the washing on it's back...
Watch it bash the dirty washing on rocks in the river...
see the sweat trickle down its face and onto those full bosoms....
Take a good swig of Peroni, smile, fallback in the grass, and enjoy the sunshine,and wait till the spin drying cycle begins...

Can't beat it.

You can get the same model that does cooking, and vacuuming as well....but Italian ones are best!

Back