Quick kids table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerTool

Established Member
Reaction score
Don't tell anyone in the turning forum,but I made something today without using the lathe.. :-$
After making a table and chair for my grand-daughter,I got asked to make one for one of her friends,so..

One 6' x 2' sheet of MDF cut to size and shape,and some offcuts from the workshop:-
Picture145Small.jpg

Drill holes and fasten battens on,round over outside edges
Picture147Small.jpg

Quick test fit
Picture149Small.jpg

Couple of coats of MDF primer and "a little assemberley" :norm:
Picture185.jpg

And it's ready to be painted pink (it is for a three year old girl :wink: )

Couple of hours work,less than nine pounds in materials (and I get to use the lathe to make a couple of chair legs tomorrow :D )

Andrew

Nice simple design Andrew and easily dismantled & stored

This has given me the idea of building a 'double' version with an 8' x 4' top for christmas when the family come round (looks more stable than my patio table :oops: )

John

What a smart design andrew! I like the way it fits together on a central spindle - I could well do with a couple of these for my spare room, good job!

Powertool wrote
Don't tell anyone in the turning forum,but I made something today without using the lathe..
Andrew i won't tell anyone if you don't :wink:
Nice neat job. :D
How did you seal the ends of the MDF.
Paul.J.

Andrew,

That is a great project and I wouldn't be surprised if the little girl still has it when she is much older. My daughter handed on a little chair I made for her as a two year old to her own children.

Back