Quick 4" hose dust connection - similar to US QuickLox

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob_H

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I saw on thread from 2021 on here but can't see any further. I really like the look of the QuickLox system from Izzy Swan (Youtube) but I can't see that these are available inn the UK. (Have emailed but waiting for a reply). Juts wondered if anyone had managed to have any of these shipped to the UK or, a year on from the previous thread, whether there was anything else out there in the UK as a quick 4" hose connector so I can move the hose quickly from one machine to another. Would be very interested to hear/see what others are using. Blast gates and a fixed system not quite such an easy option where I have the two machines.

Thanks in advance,

I do not know if they would fit, but please have a look at camlock fittings, e.g.

https://www.pipestock.com/polypropylene/pp-camlock-fittings
In 4", they are lower in price than the US ones.

'DN90 camlock fittings' will find other suppliers.

I think you would need type C on the hose and type F on the machine.

The other option is type E on the hose and type B on the machine but the problem with that is the cam levers would foul the machine body.

I use the Rockler Dust Right System
Its available in 100mm and 63mm
My main machines are permanently connected via 100mm duct and blast gates
I have a 100mm flex hose with a Dust Right adaptor on it and on my wheeled machines I have Dust Right adaptors that the hose plugs into I also have a long and a short vacuum fitting / brush adaptor which I use for cleaning the workshop and benches.
I also have some 63mm hose and adaptors for use on smaller machines and also as the main dust extraction on my CNC
Yandel's used to stock some Dust Right items but i have imported most of mine direct from Rockler in the US great company to deal with and stuff usually takes around 7 days to arrive
https://www.rockler.com/rockler-dust-right-4-quick-change-tool-setI would buy Dust Right again if I was altering or moving workshop

Second for the dust rite set up, I use the same between my planer, thicknesser, table saw and bandsaw and it works a charm. Long term I'd like a static system but for now I don't have a extractor powerful enough to warrant that so the dust rite system works great

I do not know if they would fit, but please have a look at camlock fittings, e.g.

https://www.pipestock.com/polypropylene/pp-camlock-fittings
In 4", they are lower in price than the US ones.

'DN90 camlock fittings' will find other suppliers.

I think you would need type C on the hose and type F on the machine.

The other option is type E on the hose and type B on the machine but the problem with that is the cam levers would foul the machine body.
Hi,
having used these type of cam locks at work in the past I can say that they seal perfectly and there would be no leakage. Regarding the cams hitting the machine body, an extension to the thread could be fitted to bring the cam further from the machine avoiding this. A threaded socket or nipple(depending on type used) would solve this. These items could be bought off the shelf at an industrial supplier like BSS who have depots around the country.
regards,
Dave

Having used these type of cam locks at work in the past I can say that they seal perfectly and there would be no leakage.

I would hope so as thay are more often used on water pumps.

It might be more economic to put the part with levers on the hose. The female part is more expensive than the male part, so putting males on each machine minimises overall spend.

Have a look at magports. Unfortunately you need to import them from USA also

There are people that have made Magports of their own by adding a plastic or wood flange to a short length of plastic pipe and adding rare earth magnets to the flange. Printed versions made with a 3D printer are out there too for free downloading. Thingiverse would be a place to start otherwise I know the subject has been discussed in the Australian Woodworking forum's Dust Extraction section a few times.

Pete

Back