Pyro`d hollow form!(update)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodrighy":2v4gmstj said:
Do you do them in a chuck or between centres?

Pete

Tried both ways Pete but just in the chuck seems to be a better way for me at least. Got a couple of Cindy Drozda dvd`s on the way so should help :lol:
Steve

gasmansteve":5gjtzutp said:
Bodrighy":5gjtzutp said:
Do you do them in a chuck or between centres?

Pete

Tried both ways Pete but just in the chuck seems to be a better way for me at least. Got a couple of Cindy Drozda dvd`s on the way so should help :lol:
Steve

She's the queen so you should be flying soon. I find them easier to do in a chuck but, depending how long they are I feed them out not do all hanging out at once (does that make sense?) I also find it easier using a skew with the grin done in a french curve with my hand holding the back of the finial as i cut. Keep the tool sharp. Also makes a difference what wood you use, the harder the better. This was done in lignum vitae, just a silly experiment but shows what can be done. It's 4' long done in three pieces. Two long ones, about 2 - 3mm dia. and a smaller bit in the middle. (not counting the bird on the top)

Pete

A totally pointless exercise really but good fun to do once.. Imagine if someone bought it. How on earth would I post it? :lol:

pete

looking good Steve !

On WOW a while back they had a - Finial Challenge - some great example there - have a look.

loz":2nje688j said:
looking good Steve !

On WOW a while back they had a - Finial Challenge - some great example there - have a look.
Thanks again chaps!

WOW? is that the one you have to be invited to join Loz?
Steve

gasmansteve":3iy68w49 said:
loz":3iy68w49 said:
looking good Steve !

Thanks again chaps!

WOW? is that the one you have to be invited to join Loz?
Steve

send me your email address and ill set you up - its not as exclusive as have been suggested in the past Steve !

Back