Puppy has wee'd on a table leg and stained it!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Losos

Established Member
Reaction score
Not my table and not my puppy but I have been asked if there's anything that can be done, it is a light oak table (Solid wood)and the area now has a dark stain :shock:

I don't think there is any remedy but I'm sure there's people with much more experience than me. I told the owner that when it becomes an antique it will have many shades of brown all over it :)

dog wee is amoniacal and is reacting with the tannin in the oak - theres not much that can be done , though it might sand out if it is only surface deep (which depends on how much wee and for how long) - otherwise you could stain or fume the whole table darker to cover the stain (though perhaps not with dog widdle)

Oxalic acid would probably give the best chance of bleaching it back.

It wil soon have chewed off all the stained bits :wink:

Jason

Thanks guys I knew there would be some good replies (And a few funny ones :) )

So far as chewing the legs offf the table I can not resist telling you about our lovely Labrador we had some 20 or more years ago.

She liked to chew things and one day she got hold of a new set of screwdrivers and chewed the handles on all of them :roll: the maker claimed they had been tested in all kinds of industrial use but they had clearly never met our dog :!:

Anyway, she has long departed this world of course but I still have some of those screwdrivers and every time I pick one up it reminds me of her :cry:

cut the bit of the leg that's stained off, replace with books.

Back