Proper way to do a kitchen cabinet corner?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm fitting a kitchen and have a few corners like this to deal with

kitchen 1.jpg

They have sent some slab doors to cut down for the corners, I know there are a few ways of doing them but I just wondered if there is a "proper" way?

I want the doors and corners to be inline so the corners will need to stand forwards about 3mm from the carcass (same thickness as a door buffer).

I was thinking of putting a fillet across the corner then making up a 90 degree piece from the door slabs with some buffers on the back to space it off but not sure about the gap it leaves behind it? Something like this

kitchen 2.jpg

I can think of other ways of doing it without leaving a gap but as said I wondered if there was a proper way?

Thanks, Doug

Doesn’t look anything wrong with your sketch Doug, I’ve certainly done it like that on numerous occasions when there isn’t a preformed corner post.

seems good to me as well, don't do lay on often but our fitters sometimes use this method and I've never complained :)

Yes it’s like that in the shop-bought, self-assembly ones I’ve done, but the corner piece is fatter, which includes the size of your spacers. But maybe you knew that...

Your plan looks pretty good.
I will just add that if you use something like buttonfix or another removable cleat method it can be handy as it can be removed non distructively.

Ollie

Back