Projectease

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the responses thought I should post something a little less gory and mention that Richard Findley is going to help on the Ebony Handle front so that's the reason there are none on the drawers yet!

The lighting seems to change the colours of the wood and makes it seem much more light and dark than it actually is, plus I'm no photographer I'll try to take some more later which show the back which is as nice as the front (IMHO) and the drawers opened on the soft close runners. The drawer carcasses are made from Maple and the drawers get smaller in height dimention from the bottom up though its quite subtle. I'm very pleased with how the curved taper on the bottom of the legs came out and the outside of the leg is also rounded.

I'd like to thank Steve Maskery for his video of the box joint jig as I made one of them and made the drawers for this using it. The other drawers with the hand cut dovetails from the 1st pic I posted are for 2 other items which are awaiting me to fit hinges and doors to, probably tommorow, if Issac Lord have the hinges in stock.

k4v6v7.jpg

20rjiqd.jpg

Bloonose,

Your fingers.....HIDEOUS mate :lol:

Your furniture.............MINT !

15 years working with explosives, no injuries, a few thoughtless seconds with a Freud biscuit joiner, top of finger gone :shock:

We'll all do it eventually, helps concentrate the mind in the future though.

That really is a nice looking piece of furniture, even my missus who thinks wood is just a brush handle expressed a serious interest in it.

Those dovetails, are the dogs dick!

Cheers

Jed

Bluenose

beautiful pice, is it all American Black Walnut ? Love the dovetails, the finger not so much.

Look forward to seing more pics,

Woodguy

p.s - what is the finnish ?

That's a beautiful piece of work! You've done very well to keep the grain continuous through the drawers and I do like those curved tapers on the legs as well. :)

B N Sorry about the fingers, hope it's a lesson to all of us the dangers of high speed machinery.

I know that somebody has already asked but what finish have you used?

Thanks

Thanks for all the kind words and hope your keeping well Colin? used up all the bags you dropped off doing these projects :lol: The finish I used I already mentioned in the 1st post Aidol HW Oil by Remmers. I've just taken a couple of pics of the small drawer open see below, credit again to SM... and the bottoms are Veneerd MDF so no movement grain direction issues!

15rm61c.jpg

28mp63b.jpg

Some of the timber has the "curly" effect running though it though the pics dont show this too well and I kept the best of it for the two drawer fronts on the hand cut dovetailed ones pics later. I like the next two things better than this Chest especially the little doors I made, more later :twisted:

Fitted some door hinges to one of the matching Bedside cabinets today, they are a wee bit big but still ok IMO. Lighting not so good again but I'm very happy with the results. One more project to post later......

502wcz.jpg

2lc19p3.jpg

Back