problems with intelligent workshop tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roman

Established Member
Reaction score
This post is both an enquiry and a warning.

On October 13th I placed an order with intelligent workshop for a number of items including glues, bottles tape measures as well as a Festool rts 400 sander and delta pad for the Ro90..

A week later some of the the small stuff arrived, and that's it. I've tried numerous times to get in touch on three different numbers, leaving meassages and sending emails asking when I could expect to receive the remainder but have so far received no reply. I also took a trip to the premises in Staplehurst, also with no success. As things stand I am owed £241, (having asked for a refund).

I also reported the matter to Festool UK who told me they would look into this. Meanwhile the stocks of festool machines on the site have dwindled but I see that a domino xl and trion jigsaw still show as available.

I would welcome any rational explanation from anyone who knows what is going on (my thoughts are forming quickly in this regard) and would warn anyone considering a purchase to discover first whether they are still trading and to see if a human being can be found on the end of the line. If not I suggest you hang on to your funds until things improve.

Caveat Emptor

Typical tom really he's not very good at communication, I've never bought from him but am a member of his forum.

I had read on the Festool owners club awhile back that people were not getting orders through. Maybe try toms forum http://www.thewoodhaven.co.uk

Doesn't look promising with Companies House. According to the limited information I can gather out of working hours, they've been running at a loss for the last few years and they were on the brink financially when last year's accounts were posted. Judging by the sums involved I'm guessing this is a very small outfit, maybe one or two people.

I was talking to someone some weeks ago,who is in a position to know what is happening with inteligent workshop. I was told the guy with the money has left they are no longer festool dealers, and sadly it looks like game over.

OK, it looks like they are on the verge of going under according to a friend of mine who deals with this sort of thing. He's done a bit of poking around (as much as he can without getting put up against the wall and shot). He's expecting them to cease trading imminently.

Roman, I'd do everything you possibly can to recover your money as soon as possible.

Thank you all for your replies and detective work.

Last night I informed my credit card company and am waiting to hear back from them. I think I will have to fill out a form and no doubt it will become a lengthy process. I'm also waiting to hear from Festool. I'm not sure it's their problem other than a presumably licensed dealer denting their reputation. If I get my money back then all well and good. But the inconvenience, lack of communication and the feeling I've been had by this character leaves a very bitter taste.

I have sympathy for anyone running a business who runs into difficulty but I feel I've been lured into parting with my cash for something I was never going to receive. I've just checked and the website is still up and seemingly will allow purchases to be made. Once again, beware.

PS anyone know the cheapest place to buy a rts 400? I'd hoped to have it for a job I've just begun but better late than never.

FFX seem to be one of cheapest places to buy festool gear, I bought a midi and TS55 off them earlier in the year and they were very good and cheaper than anywhere else.

http://www.ffx.co.uk/

roman":2m505q3a said:
Thank you all for your replies and detective work.

Last night I informed my credit card company and am waiting to hear back from them. I think I will have to fill out a form and no doubt it will become a lengthy process. I'm also waiting to hear from Festool. I'm not sure it's their problem other than a presumably licensed dealer denting their reputation. If I get my money back then all well and good. But the inconvenience, lack of communication and the feeling I've been had by this character leaves a very bitter taste.

I have sympathy for anyone running a business who runs into difficulty but I feel I've been lured into parting with my cash for something I was never going to receive. I've just checked and the website is still up and seemingly will allow purchases to be made. Once again, beware.

PS anyone know the cheapest place to buy a rts 400? I'd hoped to have it for a job I've just begun but better late than never.

nuts & bolts is about the cheapest and best festool dealer at the moment..

Morning Roman

I think I will have to fill out a form and no doubt it will become a lengthy process.

You may be pleasantly surprised.

In my case, the credit card company asked for all the relevant paperwork and a written explanation of what had happened.

A few days later I had a phone call from them and they credited my account with the outstanding cash.

The sum involved was about £300. Since the vendor was by then in liquidation, I suspect that they wrote it off.

Cheers

Dave

I've had problems too. Thankfully just a couple of glubots and some glue. No response to multiple emails. Going through the paypal claim process.

Bit disappointing really, could at least reply.

Jon

Is it just me or are the Inteliigent Workshop site and the a different place forum both down ?

Cheers, Paul

paulm":62p0eheo said:
Is it just me or are the Inteliigent Workshop site and the a different place forum both down ?

Cheers, Paul

I can't get on the forum either Paul, I guess Tom is having problems.

Bob

There is a thread in general chat - here. Looks like IWT have gone bump and Toms has taken both websites down.

Cheers

Karl

Back