Problem with new Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAW911

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can help me please. Just unpacked my new Bosch GCM8SDE mitre saw and have started to adjust the various settings for square etc. I have two issues which I hope someone has come across before.....the saw cuts square across a board and I adjusted the laser to be adjacent to the cut but the laser is not parallel to the cut. How do I ‘twist’ the laser line please. Secondly I cut a 240mm wide board of 15mm ply and it cuts with a bow in the centre every time! I cannot see why .....is it poor technique? Please see photo.....

Attachments

• E1D5AC0C-5727-41DA-BF41-F9EA405751F5.jpeg
    E1D5AC0C-5727-41DA-BF41-F9EA405751F5.jpeg
    222.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 604581E1-4BEB-4A95-91DE-EE8A63E58726.jpeg
    604581E1-4BEB-4A95-91DE-EE8A63E58726.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 87
  • 47935536-340C-4ACC-A013-D1A201673B93.jpeg
    47935536-340C-4ACC-A013-D1A201673B93.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 82
Not sure about the Xmas tree on the land rover :LOL: But the bow is probably down to the blade deflecting during the cut, try a better blade.

Yes....still getting to grips with posting photos! Blade defecting? I will speak to the supplier tomorrow. Thank you. I just could not get it to cut correctly

just guesswork, but is it improved if you cut more slowly (bring the blade down slower), wondering if too much downward pressure is pushing the cut off course? Also is the blade mounted solidly? surprised a new bosch machine is giving these issues

I have always trusted Bosch and am as surprised as you. I tried all ways I could think of to cut the boards and each arrived at the same result. I cannot understand why it happens but as Doug B said maybe it’s a blade issue. Does anyone understand the laser issue please?

I'm intrigued as to why you would want the laser to be anywhere other than where the cut should be? Seeing as the point of the laser is to increase accuracy.

Personaly I'd take it back to the supplier with a peice of ply and show him......
dont bother with the laser, it'll pack up soon anyway.....
or just buy a decent blade....
I bought the Dewalt 305mm slider years n years ago because they were the first to sell in the UK....
mine has a 90 tooth blade and still cuts as straight as a die.....
I stopped buying Bosch years ago, they are trading on their past reputaion I think....bit like Mercedes....
I only ever bought Bosch 4 + 9" grinders.....now I only buy Japanese....chalk n cheese I'm afraid....and similar money....

There was an issue where the Makita LS1019 did this and I think it was because the guide rails weren’t exactly parallel to each other.

I adjusted the laser to be adjacent to the cut but the laser is not parallel to the cut. How do I ‘twist’ the laser line please.

Some lasers have an offset beam and are adjusted by rotating the light in its mount. The mount then slides to the correct position relative to the blade.

Back