Problem with Jet thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpooley

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all
My Jet thicknesser is getting very juddery when I adjust the thickness !
only on one side I think.

Is there anything I should look at first?
has anyone had/overcome this problem before?
I'm not a mechanic so any advice at all would be appreciated.

thanks

Mike

Mike, do you mean it's NOT juddery with a fine cut but becomes juddery with a heavy cut?

Mike,

I used to have a JPM13 and had a similar problem, basically when you would the height adjusting handle on the top one side would raise by a small amount and then would not go any further and the handle was very stiff.

Basically what had happened was the chain drive sprocket under the machine which links the two threaded rods had come loose and the allen key grub screw needed tightening. Make sure when you do tighten it though that the blades are parallel to the table otherwise your boards wont get thicknessed evenly across the boards.

Once I tightened mine it was perfect again

Rog

Dodge":1ydwsqt6 said:
Mike,

I used to have a JPM13 and had a similar problem, basically when you would the height adjusting handle on the top one side would raise by a small amount and then would not go any further and the handle was very stiff.

Basically what had happened was the chain drive sprocket under the machine which links the two threaded rods had come loose and the allen key grub screw needed tightening. Make sure when you do tighten it though that the blades are parallel to the table otherwise your boards wont get thicknessed evenly across the boards.

Once I tightened mine it was perfect again

Rog

Thanks Dodge I think as soon as I have a minute I will have a look at that.

Thanks also to everyone who replied - i will give it an oil up - honestly :oops:

Mike

Latest posts

Back