'Printing' on wood.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileytoolworks

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently saw a video (on youtube) of a very nice lady demonstrating a process I'm keen to explore.
She had a printed sheet of paper, glued it to some wood (print side down) with PVA, then when it was dry, she scraped the paper away. leaving the wood looking like it had been printed on. I cannot for the life of me find this video now, so I was wondering if anybody had done this?
Is it really as simple as she made it look?
Cheers.
Adam.

There are several products that allow you to do this with photos, magazines, printed items etc. Good art/craft shop should be able to help.

You can also by a paper to put through your printer that will make waterslide transfers that can then go onto the wood and be sealed with varnish etc.

Jason

I use this for my mockups in my eco marketing wedges using acrylic laquer, you need to produce a mirror image and print, i have an Epson which has the durabrite inks, water resistant. Paint laquer onto image and let dry, then apply laquer again and stick to wood, when dry soak with water and rub off paper to leave image. BUT it leaves a foggy film of acrylic over the wood so not too professional looking. I screen print for the real thing.

Latest posts

Back