Price of ply!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mailee

Established Member
Reaction score
I just bought some shuttering ply from my local merchants that I usually use and had a shock at the price of it. £18.75 per sheet (8 X 4) Is this normal or has there been a price increase? God knows how much good quality stuff would cost now! :shock:

Depends on the thickness I guess. I pay about that price for 9mm Far Eastern. I think 5mm was about £9 a sheet and the 15mm stuff was close to £20.

mailee":355lxil8 said:
I just bought some shuttering ply from my local merchants that I usually use and had a shock at the price of it. £18.75 per sheet (8 X 4) Is this normal or has there been a price increase? God knows how much good quality stuff would cost now! :shock:

:? :roll: Well I paid £55 collected for one sheet of 18mm birch, best ply I've ever seen though.... Do I hold the record for the most expensive? I don't mean veneered it was just birch ply. :lol:

Not been shocked at the till for a while.

I still have 6 sheets of 18mm ply that came free with 12 others as a job lot.

No doubt I will be in for heart failure when it runs out. :lol:

I bought 3 sheets of hardboard today Bottom trade price at about £5 something per sheet plus VAT. I usually pay around £3.
The bloke at Alsfords said that there has been a price rise because all sheet material is being stockpiled for the Olympics!!

Great!

Latest posts

Back