Price of Oak-faced MDF

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shultzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just phoned around for the prices of Oak-faced MDF. A couple of places were about the same:
13mm @ £56 inc vat
19mm @ £63 inc vat
Crown cut

A place in Oldbury WM, Arnold Laver quoted:
13mm @ £35 inc vat
19mm @ £41 inc vat
Crown cut
That seems too good to be true. Are they a good company and are all veneered boards the same?

Are the prices all for oak veneer on both sides? Or is the cheaper stuff oak on one face with a balancer on the back? (Ideal for panelling, lining boat interiors, etc.)

I buy my stuff from Arnold lavers and those prices are about what I pay
I've had oak and black walnut recently

I have no complaints about the look or quality of the veneer

Ian

Try SL Hardwoods their prices including delivery to me is usually competitive

Andy, prices are for both sides A-B graded.

Ian, thanks for the recommendation.

PAC1, although SL Hardwoods prices were cheaper, their delivery was a stonking £118 which meant they were only a £1 cheaper than the expensive boards.

We buy ours by the pack (30 sheets) from lathams and pay £23 + vat for 19mm. Just shows how much there making on a sheet when you buy them loose!

I've just switched to Arnold Laver for my birch ply needs and they were way cheaper than my last supplier. Has to be said that the quality is not quite as good but good enough for my needs. Point is that i was skeptical because of the much lower price but pleasantly surprised after taking a punt.

Latest posts

Back