Posting first photo--I hope.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wrightclan

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm finally getting around to posting photos. Here's a recent oak dresser. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the best photo as the dresser is very large, and the customer's dining room was very cluttered. Hope this works.

dressersmall.jpg

Brad

JPEC":2boi63gx said:
I take it everyone got the red 'x'

No just you, so far. :twisted:

Nice looking dresser Brad, of course more details are required, just posting the picture may be a thousand words but more are needed. :roll:
So how long did it take to make?
Is it your own design?
What finish did you use? :^o

Must go for a lay down in a darkened room now....................... :wink:

Thanks for all your kind comments.

It was designed by me taking into account a number of ideas. Firstly, the customer had some commercially available designs which were close to what they wanted, but not quite right. I took those ideas and added glass doors, which they wanted. I also took a design element from other cabinets in the room ( the centre arch with the square mortices.)

The combinations of mouldings were my own idea.

Mostly made from Scottish Oak, with some panels/shelves of oak MDF.

Stained with naptha-based wood dye, and finished with matt poly varnish, and buffed with wax.

Excellent Brad. I made a similar-style dresser in cherry about ten years ago, but it was when my design aspirations were rather greater than my actual making skills. Yours looks very well-executed.

So what's your next project then?

CHeers
Steve

Steve Maskery":2je72mhh said:
Excellent Brad. I made a similar-style dresser in cherry about ten years ago, but it was when my design aspirations were rather greater than my actual making skilss. Yours looks very well-executed.

So what's your next project then?

CHeers
Steve

Steve,

I'm now working on a medium-sized kitchen for a customer. Quite a plain design. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Brad

Full compliments from Devonwoody.

What equipment do you use or perhaps a picture of your workshop could prove very interesting.

All I get is "The GeoCities web site you were trying to view has temporarily exceeded its data transfer limit. Please try again later."

If you email it to me, I can host it and modify your post to point to the new location.

Thanks,

Adam

Sorry, I think what happened is I resized all my photos, on someone's advice. I think that's what used up my limit. I think it will come back on later today. Not sure, I'm completely new to this.

Question for Mods: every time someone views a thread with my photos, does that use some of my transfer limit?

Brad

Brad,
the bandwidth usage problem is with the site hosting your photos not the UKW forum. But yes everytime someone opens this thread and views the image bandwidth to the image source is used.

I use photobucket.com & never had (yet) bandwidth issues.

Andy

dedee":3fzobimq said:
Brad,
the bandwidth usage problem is with the site hosting your photos not the UKW forum. But yes everytime someone opens this thread and views the image bandwidth to the image source is used.

I use photobucket.com & never had (yet) bandwidth issues.

Andy

Thanks for the help, I'm switching everything to photobucket. It seems more user friendly, anyway.

Brad

Brad,
Tis a pleasure especially when the image is of a very fine piece of furniture like that.

Andy

Back