Post Haste

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeturner123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Not sure if this is the right post location, but as it covers the efficiency if both suppliers and post, I’ll give it a try.

Anyway, on Bank Holiday Monday, after a successful show over the weekend, I found that I needed to order a few things. Naturally as I wanted 5 different items ranging from different size watch inserts to magnifying glasses, there was no one supplier who had all at a reasonable price so I place orders with 3 suppliers that day. Then I realised that this might become a race!! So the results were:-

First package delivered (and the largest) Wednesday 9.00am by Royal Mail. As I live in a rural area, the postman knows where everyone lives!

Second package delivered by national courier Wednesday approx. noon. However they had to phone me for directions and I had to stand outside to ensure they found me.

Third package delivered (and the smallest) Thursday morning 9.00am by Royal Mail.

So, who were these three suppliers?

Take a bow - Penkits UK :D
Take note of delivery services other than Royal Mail for small items – Stiles & Bates :)
Oh dear, but at least I didn’t have to stand outside – Axminster. #-o

Yes, I know this was not a scientific test, but interesting how well the Royal Mail does things for those of us who live in the country.

Phil

treeturner123":1awaggay said:
...interesting how well the Royal Mail does things for those of us who live in the country.

I've always said that. We have no street names out here and half the houses are 'anonymous' to anyone without local knowledge.

Everyone moans when the PO up their prices ... I say, ''take it yourself, see how far you get it for 60-odd pence''.

Which all goes to show that the rest of us are subsidising your postage costs, and what thanks do we get ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

finneyb":2w5mjlc4 said:
Which all goes to show that the rest of us are subsidising your postage costs, and what thanks do we get ? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Don't worry, we'll offset it against the broadband speeds we subsidise for you city folk :shock:

Back