Porch Project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Etaf

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought i might how some of my projects here

This is a porch , where i stripped out all the sides and over the door and replaced and re-tilled

The problem was who ever fitted the old tiles - red ones - they sloped down towards the front door - and then under the floor in the hall - someone had added trim and silicon all over the place

We could not find any decent replacement tiles with a bullnose (well at least as far as the other half is concerned)

I used marine ply and redwood - when it was cheap
down during the first lockdown

before and after images below

I had an issue with the tile adhesive , I spoke to the technical support people before i started and used Norcros and also the same SBR from Norcros
i was not happy with the way the adhesive mixed - we had to use a lot more then instructed , but went ahead anyway

Anyway a few months later one of the tiles was moving , and i had norcros out , as i was sure the adhesive was faulty ( we had that when a company tiled a bathroom, mapei ready mixed tile adhesive and set all the tiles , this was thursday before easter, when they returned on Tuesday, - the adhesive had not set and they had to just take up every tile and clean off )

The guy who visited from norcros of course had all sorts of reasons why it had not worked , anyway , he provided us with an S1 with fibre re-enforcement , we pulled up all the tiles and refitted
interesting the mixing was as expected and agreed with the instructions

Attachments

• IMG_2353.jpeg
    IMG_2353.jpeg
    460.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    595.8 KB · Views: 0
I think a lot of people did improvements during lockdown 👍
Youve got a great beach near you 😉 i used to have a girlfriend up in chichester and we went to wittering every now and then

i can imagine, salcombe , we have stayed around there for years - infact my partner, Jill, use to go sailing every Easter at salcombe and stay in the Liverpool ferry out here
Jill has be going down to that area since she was a young child camping etc - from around the 50's
When we met up, we went down at least 1 or twice a year .......

I know what the holiday season is like , or village food shops are stripped bear .... BUT it keeps all the shops open over winter , not many villages have fishmongers, 3 green grocers and 2 butchers still open

Latest posts

Back