Poolewood 28-40 Super Info please!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

treeturner123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Yes, I've had a look on various threads but can't get all the info I need. Well, actually it is for a friend who has just decided to go back to a bit of turning and has one of these beasts!!

The main question I have is about the drive shaft and it two 'gears'. On my friend's one, the shaft is only long enough for the low ratio gear though the high gear is there and clearly was working at one time. The end of the drive shaft is not broken and there is a slot for the second gear. The end of the drive shaft also has s small hole, can't work out if it is threaded or not. The first question is, did the drive shaft have an extension which is missing? If so, what was it like?

The other question is this, the cam lock for the rotating head is jammed unfortunately half way round!! Is it possible to release it by unscrewing the two nuts in the main head? If so, how do you get to them!!! The are right below the spindle shaft!

Thanks in advance for any help

Phil

Pictures of what you have would be useful, the term 28-40 as a description is rather loose, there were several very different incarnations of the lathe with very similar nomenclature.

See Here for some images and details of Poolwood 28-40 etc.

The first thread link is missing images (photobucket) I'll try and recover copies later.
Does not sound as though your machine is variable speed though so most of the above won't be relevant.

Back