Pocket Screw Suppliers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xraymtb

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of more pocket screws today and can't wait until next week. Anyone know if any of the DIY sheds sell them (or something that will work)?

I thought the received wisdom was to avoid drywall screws for pocket holes because the countersink acts as a wedge that can split the pocket shoulders and they can snap while driving - only repeating what I've read, I've never tried to use them for pocket holes.

Washer head/pan head/roundhead/flange head would all seem to be close(ish) substitutes for pocket hole screws - I doubt you'll find anything with the Kreg square drive, so when you find your screws you might want to look for a corresponding long bit for your driver.

We discussed this on my wolfcraft pocket hole jig review as this came with countersink screws, one suggestion was to put a washer around the countersunk screw. Not tried it can't vouch for strength compared to correct pocket hole screw but in an emergency may be an idea.
Would be nice if someone had the correct equipment, for them to do a little experiment to see how significant the difference in strength is between countersunk, countersunk with washer and pocket hole.

Latest posts

Back