Plumbed Dust Collection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K3nny

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Been on here for a while albeit I tend to be more of a browser than a poster. Anyway I'm hoping some of you can offer some advice as to my query regarding a plumbed in dust extraction setup.
At the minute I have been thinking of using the plastic route rather than the metal ducting...I have researched over and over and I do appreciate there are concerns regarding the build up of static charges in the plastic option, however from what I gather making use of the simple copper grounding technique can help eliminate any problems.

My main query is:
Is it possible to run a full ducted system using simple extractors such as the woodstar dc04? I ask as I currently own 2 of them along with an axminster one bag chip extractor.
I would be wanting to use some form of a dust separator within the system also. The ducting would be the simple waste piping in 100mm, 100mm as that is the opening size on each of my current extractors.
I wouldn't mind having to buy a new extractor if it is really essential but I figure if I can get a relatively good system using what I have then all the better.

Probably should mention the system would be for the following machines, and as it's a one man shop only one machine generally runs at a time:
Sliding table saw, rip saw, radial arm saw, mitre saw, spindle moulder, router table, disc sander, planer thicknesser.

Any help, advice etc would be greatly appreciated as I want to ensure I get this right.

Thanks.

I use a Karcher Vac (cheap) and a dust mite cyclone (£30) all hooked up to a load of blast gates. Works brilliantly.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415402933.624472.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415402965.325149.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415402933.624472.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415402933.624472.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 1,074
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415402965.325149.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415402965.325149.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,074
Back