Please help, urgent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SimonB":389551of said:
We planted some out last November

08112009196.jpg

You know what you've got there, don't you?

facehgr.jpg

FACE HUGGER!

BugBear

You can buy them ready to eat, you dont have to grow them yourself :D I just love them.

oh Asparagus is one of the few veg that really really does taste nice when you cook it ASAP from cropping.

:lol: me and the missus just got ourselves an allotment
She said whilst on the waiting list she would love to grow Asparagus which i agreed as we both like
First day of clearing from previos tennant and she comes home with a bucket of "What's this ??, i just dug up"
Queue Rene from Allo Allo "You stupid women" That's bleedin Asparagus plants :roll: :roll: :roll:

I planted 20 crowns (4 varieties) in a trench on my allotment, and this will be their 3rd year in the ground, and first croppable year.
A couple of things have stood out so far - the spears are quite the most amazing taste when eaten fresh, seconds earlier having been cut from the ground, and also it really pays to keep the row free of weeds.
They also seem to do nothing at all then one or two spears per crown erupt :)
With any luck this year we will have several spears per plant....

And I always thought they looked more like leggy hairy spiders than facehuggers - must be the way the spooks work inside my head :)

Adam

Latest posts

Back