Please help roof leaking

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

worsley947

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening all, roof on my timber workshop is leaking in like a river all over my mechines and bench which is now swollen and arched upwards but there are no holes or tears in the felt, its only been up a year
I'm guessing its coming through the felt nails.
My question is has anyone used black jack all weather roof coating, if so is it any good or whats best to use
Thanks
Dave

Sorry to hear of you're roof leaks.
Wickes do some really effective mastics and sealants that you can apply in wet and damp conditions,I have used,
Which is what you need, wipe off the worst wet and work this sealant into the nail area, or wherever.
Brushes can be difficult to clean, so i buy ones from poundshop when possible and throw away when finished with.
They do a grey tube mastic that is excellent and around £3, or £4.00

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-All-Weat ... L/p/191215

http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Roof+Gut ... l/p/240691

I suggest when the weather is better (?) nail the felt now every 10, or 12" every which way, then put a Capsheet on using this sort of adhesive in bands, nail holes are never a good idea in the "Wearing" or top sheet, as you now know,
You can Use inverted gutter for the ridge.
Regards Rodders

Hi Dave,

Not sure if my system is correct but I have 3 layers of felt. The first 2 are nailed down and the top layer is stuck down with cold applied bitumen (black jack) from B and Q. It's 3 years old and is still looking good.

John

John15":27pg3ipg said:
Hi Dave,

Not sure if my system is correct but I have 3 layers of felt. The first 2 are nailed down and the top layer is stuck down with cold applied bitumen (black jack) from B and Q. It's 3 years old and is still looking good.

John

Yep! Using Wickes all weather gutter and leak sealant on any areas needing maintainance, as in corners and welts,
You can get up to 10, or 12 years as the felt is vastly improved.
Rodders

Latest posts

Back