Please can someone with a Domino help - check their machine?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gidon

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
I may have a problem with my Domino - can someone who has one check whether if they hold the body of the Domino, there is any movement of the whole fence assembly. Just enough to make a slight noise if you try and rotate the fence assembly on the guide tubes?
Thanks very much,
Gidon

Thanks Steve.
I did arrange for the machine to be swapped out. New one arrived today and it doesn't have any play - which is probably why when I phoned my dealer and Festool they told me it sounded faulty. I reckon after it's used (and bits changed etc) the small amount of play will return. I was getting a slight slope on the slots - perhaps 0.2mm right to left - not much - but enough to make sanding joins with veneered woods a little scary!
I've looked into this more and it seems the tilt is a "feature" of the Domino and is related to plunge speed - there's a technical documenton it. But it didn't make much difference - I still got the tilt. And it wasn't the fence out of horizontal - got the same thing whether I referenced off the base or fence.
Anyway I've finished most of my Domino'ing on the latest table I'm making but if I have time I'll check the new machine.
Cheers
Gidon

Back