Plastic multi spacer bars in double glazed units?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I have made some double glazed windows for a customer which will have spacer bars within the units and stick on glazing bars to give the effect of small panes.

The glass company I use once told me the multi spacer bars can only be done in aluminium so this is what I always have.

I have started seeing windows where the multi spacers look plastic to match the warm edge spacers, these look much better.

I asked the glass company if they can now do this, they said whenever I want it doing they will if they have enough of the bar left but don't really do it so don't advertise it. I am guessing if someone wants a big order they will do it but it is not a standard line for them.

Basically I am asking is the plastic type multi spacer easy to come by these days or is it still quite new? Is it harder for them to make the units or more expensive as they didn't sound keen on it?

Thanks, Doug

Thanks for the link Robin, that is what I am after.

I think my company normally use Edgetech super spacer, its one of the foam flexible types, I have looked on the Edgetech website and they seem to supply something similar to your link.

It's a big glazing company I use and they are normally on the ball with stuff so I was just a bit surprised when what I wanted wasn't standard for them, I can't be the only one asking for it.

Good to know it's available out there, I will keep on at them until I get what I want :D

Back