Planing Advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Woody

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just tried planning some timber on my Scheppach HMS260 planer / thicknesser. It only removes material about the diameter of the cutter block at the start of the cut, nothing from the rest of the workpiece. The knives are freshly sharpened and I think I have adjusted them correctly.

What am I doing wrong please?

Is the feed roller engaged? Stock too thick eg taking off more than max depth of cut.

Does the work go all the way through or does it just stop feeding onve the small amount has been removed
J

It is in planing mode so feed roller does not need to be engaged. I have set cut to just under 2mm.

I am able to push it from infeed to outfeed tables as normal.

It sounds like the outfeed table is to high.

If it is a fixed one you will need to reset your blades so that when they are at the top of the cut they are level with the outfeed table or if it is adjustable lower it until the baldes are level.

Tom

I have this P/T and have just finished ( I hope ) setting it up. There should be a 1mm gap between the cutter block and tables when the infeed table is at zero. You can get a crib sheet from NMA to help if you need one. There is a tool that comes with the machine to help set the blade height, but I just use a length of wood.

Latest posts

Back