Planet Earth

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevep

Established Member
Reaction score
Following on from the Derek Cohen check your shed thread, what was your opinion on Planet Earth last night ? For me, it was one of the best things I've watched in years. Absolutely fascinating stuff , especially the sea iguanas being chased by the snakes......roll on the next episode.

forget looking down, make sure you look up on the 14th of this month. As long as there are no clouds, you will see the moon as close to the earth as it ever gets. It will be 70 years before it gets this close again.

Be prepared for chickens to run down the streets screaming "the sky is falling in"

The big question is what happens to them when Mr national treasure finally goes to that great wildlife documentary in the sky!

I guess they'll probably get that young spud with the lisp from Spring watch (who's name escapes me). But I doubt he'll pull the audiences in like Mr Attenborough.

It's one of the few things that I have watched that made me happy I got a 1920x1080 tv (bought a few years back). Would look even more amazing on 4k!

oh and did you see how fast the sloths swam? ..well relative to their normal speed. Fasinating.

Seriously though - how an earth do they get those camera shots without distracting the animals?!?! ... bloody amazing.

The pictures in these programmes get ever prettier, but it's rare to actually learn any thing new these days. Life on the earth was the trail blazer, and laid out the science pretty well.

BugBear

He opened a building at my university, he got a 5 minute round of applause, we where still clapping when went out of sight, he came back just as it started to die down and the whole place erupted.

He will be missed, but his legacy will last forever.

Pete

See random oribital bob comment about when he passes away.

Pete

I watched it - and towards the end turned over. It is nature sensationalism - me, me, me for film makers. Sorry to swim against the tide here but I was slightly bored.

Back