pitch pine

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birchwood

Established Member
Reaction score
hi, about to make three small tables using pitch pine .would like advice re finishing preferably gloss finish but open to suggestions.regards bw

Pitch pine takes a polish very well. You can use just about anything to put a shine on it, so it will depend on what polishing products you have and what skill levels you possess. My preference would be garnet polish, it takes the edge off the orange colour that you get with fresh pitch pine and gives you a lovely cold gold, if you know what I mean? Below is a picture of a table and benches I made from Victorian church pews and polished with garnet, no stain needed the timber is beautiful enough on its own.

IMG_0212.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 743
hi, thanks for reply.I have no experience in finishing, other than oiling garden furniture and applying varnish here and there. This will be first attempt at something indoors.Will have some extra bits and bobs of the timber I can practice on. Regards bw

Latest posts

Back