Pimp my planer?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhwbigley

Established Member
Reaction score
From this...
DSCN0379.jpg

To this...
3532-1.jpg

oh i'm tempted... 8)

JH

JonnyD":66mkm3t9 said:
For 4k I think i would be tempted to have a go :D

cheers

jon

I better practice my spraying :D

what do you think of the custom stainless steel switch plate Jon? 8)

JH

It looks pretty cool John.

I would have thought these machines refurbished to look like new are often done by the company Daltons in this instance for exhibitions to show off there workshop skills.

cheers

jon

Scott and Sargent do the same thing too jon, when they delivered my tenoner they had some very day-glow colours on some wadkin gear on the wagon. The guy was standing on the end of the table on one :shock:

I think it will be a good bit of fun, and make it look really smart, but for the time being just clean all the mud and much of :lol:

Maybe get someone handy on a air brush and make it look like the wood whisperers table saw 8)

JH

I like it, but there again some people think I have a strange taste.

Couldn't you convince yourself that for health and safety reasons it is worth doing because of the emergency kick stop on the bottom :whistle: or has it already got one of those?
What about saving money on electric, because it is so bright you could use it in the dark :lol:
Saving money on buying a mirror, because you could comb your hair in the stainless steel. Or just ignoring SWMBO protests and saying "I'm the bl££ding man of the house and what I say ... what I say ..... what you say goes" :-#

I'll get me coat .................

Cheers

Mike

hi jon

one thing mind if you decide to do it all yourself, once you've stripped and clean & then reassemble it back to that lovely condition , if and when you get any problem you'll know exactly what wrong with it , what a lovely finish . hc

Looks very nice to my eyes. :D

There's one of the US table saw makers that was offering custom paint jobs on their products in the last year. That now is overstepping the mark on 'bling'....

head clansman":oe92luuu said:
hi jon

one thing mind if you decide to do it all yourself, once you've stripped and clean & then reassemble it back to that lovely condition , if and when you get any problem you'll know exactly what wrong with it , what a lovely finish . hc

Hopefully I wont need to take it apart as many times as my startrite planer, I keep the spanner for taking the side panel next to it now :lol:

JH

jhwbigley":2zvgxvaf said:
woodbloke":2zvgxvaf said:
How can that be a proper British machine...it's not green :p - Rob

I've 2.5L of John Deer green, Massey Ferguson red and Ford Blue. :D

JH
Yebut JH, wer're talking here about British woodworking machines. My old boss wouldn't even look at anything that t'weren't painted BRG - Rob

woodbloke":2lfqdbhu said:
jhwbigley":2lfqdbhu said:
woodbloke":2lfqdbhu said:
How can that be a proper British machine...it's not green :p - Rob

I've 2.5L of John Deer green, Massey Ferguson red and Ford Blue. :D

JH
Yebut JH, wer're talking here about British woodworking machines. My old boss wouldn't even look at anything that t'weren't painted BRG - Rob

It was the BRG that made me buy a cliften no 4

now I have 6 smoothing planes :shock:

JH

Latest posts

Back