Picture Frame Inserts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheTiddles

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh great collective minds...

Doest thou know where one can buy those cardboard picture frame inserts that go behind the glass and around the image from at a most reasonable price?

Hobbycraft etc... do them but they seem a tad pricey for a chamfer cut bit of cereal packet, any ideas?

Aidan

If you have a branch of The Range nearby they do a small range (no pun intended) and there prices are pretty good.

These are something that I normally cut myself as it is rare that you can find a pre-cut mount that fits your picture perfectly. Unfortunately the kit is rather expensive for what it is. If you are anywhere near Southampton I'd be happy to sort you out with some mounts, you just supply the boards

James

Where is Alderbury? I live in Streatley Bedfordshire. I have the equipment to cut mountboards but the postage may make the job not worth while.

TheTiddles":2acvj5tk said:
Oh great collective minds...

Doest thou know where one can buy those cardboard picture frame inserts that go behind the glass and around the image from at a most reasonable price?

Hobbycraft etc... do them but they seem a tad pricey for a chamfer cut bit of cereal packet, any ideas?

Aidan

If you're anywhere near Woking you're welcome to pop round and you can choose the mountboard from my stock and I'll cut it to size FOC. Least I can do for the hours of giggling amusement your dancing eyebrows have brought to my youngest daughter!

I make my own from acid free mount board and a cheap knife/rule kit.

You do get a lot of wastage though, but the pictures I frame are not all standard sizes.

If you are looking for standard photo sized ones then Google threw up quite a lot incl. Ebay?

Rod

A lot of the decent sized artist and craft shops carry a range of qualities and colours. Biggest headache is choosing :duno:

I buy mine from Thornes in Newcastle - don't know if they have other branches around the UK.

Bob

Just searched and are part of Blackwells with 50 shops :

http://bookshop.blackwell.co.uk/jsp/edi ... &dept=none

May not all stock mounts though.

Thanks everyone, just for the record Alderbury is just south of Salisbury, so very near to Southampton, but in my opinion far enough away for comfort!

These guys... http://www.frames.uk.com/ offer some great deals so I'll try them, at the price any I don't want from a value pack can go in the bin!

I'll let you know how I get on,

Aidan

Back