Photobucket pictures missing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I must be missing something here, and I certainly do NOT want this post to sound like an old maid lecturing a recalcitrant pupil!

But (there's always a but, isn't there!) for my photos already posted on this Forum I don't try to find them on the Forum again at all - all my photos are in folders in my PC given "plain English" names so that I can always find them on my PC (and on my back up hard drive too) - e.g. "Rhine Trip 2014"; "UKW Pillar Drill post", etc, etc. I found if I don't do that, or if I allow "Mr. Gates" to shove my pix (and downloads, etc) onto my hard drive anywhere where he thinks they belong then I can NEVER find them again!

Again, not trying to teach grannie ........... etc. I've probably misunderstood Andy T, so I) hope no offence caused.

AES

I haven't seen anyone mention the annoyance of disappearing photos when looking through the archives....
I frequently see this, and will never trust an image hosting website.
I don't know if these photobucket piccy's show up in google search results either !
more reasons not to choose image hosting websites, again
Tom

AES - I entirely agree, I too keep copies on my own PC, backed up internally to a second drive, and to an external one, and to DVD.

But when I want to reuse a picture on here in a new discussion, which I have used before, (maybe in a different context) it's convenient to be able to scroll back through, looking at my pictures which are already available online and pick one or two to illustrate a point.

Especially so if posting from my phone, which doesn't have all my pictures on it.

When I started uploading pics to forums about a dozen years ago (maybe even a bit before then), it was very, very simple. And much easier than the competition.
Now, its such a pain in the sit upon that I'm seriously considering using each forum sites own system.

Back