photo hosting site

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just gone over to flickr. In the past I've had paid web hosting / storage with two providers; both pulled the plug on me. I was paying by monthly sub so I didn't lose out financially, but I felt sorry for those who had "lifetime" memberships. Something I've come to learn is that everything on the internet is fleeting.

An update regarding Flickr.... it would appear that sharing a photo via the mobile app is either impossible or shrouded in mystery :s

DTR":1why84pq said:
An update regarding Flickr.... it would appear that sharing a photo via the mobile app is either impossible or shrouded in mystery :s
It is impossible as far as I know... a real oversight on Flickr's part actually.

IMG_20170726_172206495.jpg

Just checking - I can upload a photo (resized) from my phone, direct to the site.
Not slick, but doable.

Attachments

• IMG_20170726_172206495.jpg
    IMG_20170726_172206495.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 66
How do you resize iPhone photos to the correct size to post on here? I've been looking for a suitable app for ages

No idea, sorry. I used 7-zip, an Android utilities app.

Maybe one of the online resizing services would work for you?

Moko":3i75si2i said:
How do you resize iPhone photos to the correct size to post on here? I've been looking for a suitable app for ages
If you have a Mac computer, the native app Preview will allow you to resize the images. Select Tools > Adjust Size... and change the measurement of the width or height. I don't have a Windows system, so I don't know what is available.

Rhyolith":2jkson0j said:
DTR":2jkson0j said:
It is impossible as far as I know... a real oversight on Flickr's part actually.

Oversight?

........or conspiracy? :-"

*puts on tin foil hat*

An update on my old posts with photos in.

Just over a week later from my first steps, and as far as I can see, all my old posts on here now link to photos on my own webspace, not horrible photobucket any more. I don't know how long I have spent on this - it was a few pleasant afternoons, sitting at the PC with most of my brain listening to music, and a little bit of it mechanically cutting, pasting, running the macro, pasting, posting.

Where people have quoted me, their quotes will still have the nasty photobucket ransom demand image, but the sense should be clear from the context.

To anyone else who has spent time and effort making this site a useful reference resource (as well as a sociable place to chat) please at least do step one - log in to photobucket and download all your own albums to your own PC - so you can restore images easily in future even if you only do so for one or two special posts or threads. (Apparently there is a Chrome extension which can download your albums for you if you prefer.)

And if photobucket's changes haven't reached your own account yet, count yourself lucky and take action while you still can.

If you do spot any images that I (and the forum search facility) have missed in any of my old posts, please let me know.

AndyT":38hj021i said:
...I don't know how long I have spent on this - it was a few pleasant afternoons, sitting at the PC with most of my brain listening to music, and a little bit of it mechanically cutting, pasting, running the macro, pasting, posting...
Thanks for taking the time to do that Andy. I've never used a third party hosting site, so my posts aren't directly affected (might have the odd quote), but hundreds of threads have been ruined (made almost worthless), have been photobucketted, by their action - just on the four forums I frequent.

Cheers, Vann.

Back