Philip Marcou.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Noted Andy though this is simply a matter of somebody reporting what their eyes saw in real time. After all, it's not altogether unbelievable that the Marcou produced a beautiful surface - on that day and on those species better than the rest of the planes in the review.

Otherwise, somebody used 'fashion' in the title of another thread and what a wonderful and prescient choice of words it was. I guess 'glassy' and 'glossy' surfaces are now out of fashion - at least the ones produced by bevel up planes as in the review.

swagman":2o3wely3 said:
Charles. If you really want to add some positive value to this forum; post some of your own work in tutorial format.

The following is an example I am currently doing on Sawmill Creek on making a traditional abutment smoothing plane. (from page 4.)

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread. ... anes/page4

All the best.

Stewie;

Looks good so far, stewie!

I like the rounded top iron. Very attractive - did it come that way or did you grind it round?

swagman":17ednbto said:
Charles. If you really want to add some positive value to this forum; post some of your own work in tutorial format.

The following is an example I am currently doing on Sawmill Creek on making a traditional abutment smoothing plane. (from page 4.)

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread. ... anes/page4

All the best.

Stewie;

How do you insert pictures in a post?

CStanford":2pwce4h9 said:
How do you post pictures in a post?
Would reading the picture posting guide link at the top of this and every forum section help by any chance?

Err, where is the "picture posting guide link"? This is something I have struggled with before and just didn't bother. Undoubtedly my stupidity, but help and silly person someone
Charles, you have posted pictures before, I remember a nice walnut 2 drawer hall table of yours.
Paddy

Paddy Roxburgh":1kbrwcyh said:
Err, where is the "picture posting guide link"? Paddy
As per previous post at the top of this and any forum section page along with the Global Forum Rules link.

I've posted pictures here via a link to Photobucket but to be honest I am having a bit of trouble putting a photo in a post itself in lieu of the aforementioned link.

Charles. Within Photobucket; open up the image you want to copy; click on the box directly below IMG; to transfer that image onto your forum post right click on the mouse to bring up your options; then select paste .

Hope it helps.

Stewie;

test image

Attachments

• AAEAAQAAAAAAAAU1AAAAJDg1YThiYzI4LWU2YWEtNGUwMi1hYmY3LTNlZjNmOTMwZDA4ZQ.jpg
    AAEAAQAAAAAAAAU1AAAAJDg1YThiYzI4LWU2YWEtNGUwMi1hYmY3LTNlZjNmOTMwZDA4ZQ.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 599
Test image. Charlie the Verger and Family on Kirkin' of the Tartans Sunday.

Attachments

• 12688290_528606400642817_3465589110365040448_n.jpg
    12688290_528606400642817_3465589110365040448_n.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 597
I'm impressed Charlie, That's one heck of a dinning table you've made behind you. :D

Very nice photos Charlie! I miss my daughters coming down into my shop, but now I have a couple of grandsons (2 years old) starting to come into the pictures!

I've got it down now Tony. Will post more later. I have a *another* standing desk in butternut in progress, two chairs one with parts just out of the bending forms one in ash one in cherry (youth sized chair), and probably my most important commission to date - a doll bed for my daughter's American Girl doll.

It's fun to have 'em in the shop. My daughter can run an egg beater drill better than I can.

CStanford":2d23k0m2 said:
I've got it down now Tony. Will post more later. I have a *another* standing desk in butternut in progress, two chairs one with parts just out of the bending forms one in ash one in cherry (youth sized chair), and probably my most important commission to date - a doll bed for my daughter's American Girl doll.

It's fun to have 'em in the shop. My daughter can run an egg beater drill better than I can.

Well now you can describe to this curmudgeon how to do it! My computer experience goes back to Cobol in the mainframe days, and I can't get my head around posting pics!

Back