Phase Converters (UK)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moretea

Reaction score
Hi, has anybody experience of phase converters single to three phase, I have a 3 phase minimax bandsaw, wondering whether best way would be to change the motor for single phase or a phase converter which I know nothing about, because I now only have single phase.

You need to be able to match the number of phases and the voltage. You can pick up a VFD (inverter) that will take single phase at 240v and output 3phase at 240v, relatively cheaply, £80 for 1kw. However the motor has to be able to be wired to run on 240v. Many are dual voltage and can be run on 230v or 400v depending on if wired in ‘star’ or ‘delta’ configuration. Check the motor name plate, if it only says 400v your likely out of luck. If you want to change the voltage and number of phases it’ll be v expensive and a single phase motor would be a cheaper solution.

Okay Fitzroy, thank you for the info, the motor plate has the dual voltages on, was confusing me until your explanation.
seasons greetings Gary

Back