Performance pro circular saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmo

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to pick up a cheap Circular saw and spotted this:
link
Now I say cheap for a couple of reasons...
1. I am not sure how much use I will get out of a circular saw but need one for cutting up some MDF at the moment...I tried a staright bit in my router with a straight edge but its very dusty and wastes a lot of material.
2. We are in the queue to emigrate to Canada and as its a different voltage over there I won't be able to take any power tools with me (good excuse to buy new stuff)
So I know that Festool, Makita, Dewalt, Bosch all make top notch gear but it would really be a waste of money for me at the moment as I want something cheap...I spotted that Wickes do a cheap circular saw aswell for £29 ish but then just found this performance pro one for £17.98...
Is it worth a go?
Thanks
Timmo

Hi there timmo

My old mans got that saw and its good for the money

we built my workshop which is 18ft x 13ft, nearly almost all the cuts were done with that,

the blades are more to buy than the saw, but saying that good buy!

any questions ask.

For that price I don't think you can go far wrong, and if it breaks within 12 months you've got your guarantee.

Talking of guarantees, I noticed in the list of features for this saw the following line:

Warranty/guarantee: Both

Implying that this saw has both a guarantee and a warranty :?

What's the difference?

regards

Brian

As you can see here, this is a Global Machinery Company (GMC) tool - they make practically all of B&Q's in-house stuff - and it must be out there in huge quantities.

GMC tools tend to be robust, if not always precise, but for that price I'd say it's worth a punt! :)

Ray.

Worth a punt in my book too. For twelve months not worth spending any move. You'd probably get a tenner for it if you offered it for sale when you move to Canada.

Thanks guys..I think I will go for it then...Can't go far wrong for that money eh...
Just been cutting up MDF sheets using a cheapy silverline tenon saw so that wasn't much fun..(I am waiting for some other saws to turn up from Rutlands when they get them back in stock...
Cheers
Timmo

I sometimes spot this on pictures of power tools that they deliberately don't show the wire...maybe it is supposed to make the picture or the tool look neater?

Smudger":qy2388js said:
Is it corded or cordless? The picture and description don't match. I guess the picture is wrong.

Which part?

A corded saw in the picture, 1200 watts in the description :!:

Ive got that saw, had it for about 2 years and its really good. I still use it I even cut up some 4+ inch thick lumbar the other day in 2 passes either side.

I use a lot of recycled wood and bought one of these in a Xmas sale at B&Q two years ago, for a similar price.

My thinking was if I hit a nail & funked it up it would be no big loss.

Well its been great and given the thrashing its had, its amazing its still going strong. T'was a very good buy.

Latest posts

Back