Perform CCNPT

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craylad

Established Member
Reaction score
After reading all the posts I could regarding P/T's and wondering whether to get a separate planer and thicknesser I decided to get the SIP 10"x6" P/T sold here for £409. That was until I popped into Axminster in Bobbing to change something and saw a "this week only" special offer for the Perform CCNPT for £319. I thought that was a bargain so if any of you are looking for a P/T then get there quick as yesterday they only had 3 left with 2 on display. I will let you know how I get on with it. I've just got to find the space for it now. Barry

That was some bargain Barry. What you gonna do with the spare money? :wink:

The savings went towards a wheel kit (which is a must) and an extra 2 metres of dust extraction hose. Oh and a barrel of wine for 'er indoors. I suppose I should actually start making my daughters platform bed now out of a load of painted pine shelving that someone gave me. One reason I went for that type of P/T was because of the induction motor. It's not half as noisy, even when planing, as I thought it would be.

I have set it up now which took about 3-4 hours (would have been quicker but the heat slowed me down). The tricky bit was dealing with the weight. I took all the packing and parts out and then with the main part still in the box tilted it on it's side and slid it out onto a piece of cardboard. It was then easy to attach the legs and then tilt it upright and the fit the wheel kit and the rest of the bits. The fence, as I have read in this forum is a pile of cack when trying to get it at 90 degrees along the whole length but on the whole I am pleased with it.

I will probably have to spend the next 2 weeks getting it set right but hey that's life when you buy cheapish hobby type machinery.

I have only used the thicknesser to date but it seems to be OK although the rubber roller does need cleaning often as it leaves marks on the wood. Axminster are doing it for £349 at the moment.

Back