Past Projects

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, I have been helping Motownmartin (or at least I think I have) overcome some of his woodworking dilemmas, his most adventurous challenge at the moment is mastering the Incra jigs which I put him onto recently, and from the work he has managed to produce so far is excellent especially when you consider the short time he has been woodworking!! Keep it up Martin!!

Pete Robinson":1xhja4cn said:
Thanks, I have been helping Motownmartin (or at least I think I have) overcome some of his woodworking dilemmas, his most adventurous challenge at the moment is mastering the Incra jigs which I put him onto recently, and from the work he has managed to produce so far is excellent especially when you consider the short time he has been woodworking!! Keep it up Martin!!

Thanks Pete, that's my cover blown :lol: :lol: :lol:

They're all superb - each and every one of them. It's unusual that I like every one of something, but in the case of those boxes, I think they're all excellent.

Look what I have found, this is Pete and his prize winning Box :eek: :eek: :eek: you kept this quiet Pete, how many more surprises have you got :wink:

practical_woodworkingJPG.jpg

Yes, I used to be a regular contributor to The Woodworker, practical Woodworking and Routing Magazine, until I moved house that was when I lost my workshop and am now confined to a garden shed and a small outhouse oh and there is also machinery in the living room, dinning room and any other room I could store it in!! I have been in the process of building a new workshop but had to overcome planning permission issues etc..

But, it seems there is one set back after another, what with the abysmal summer and then a reaction to Iroko from which I have been making the windows its been a slow and painful process. I am making progress now, still slowly but i'm sure it will be worth it in the end!!

I have included a photo of my progress so far and once complete I would like to share all the in's and outs of the build for anyone contemplating such a project and what with all the new legislation regarding electrics etc this could be beneficial to most (I hope).

Well, as you can see I still have a fair way to go but hopefully I am a little nearer to moving in, and moving all my kit from the house. My wife WILL be pleased when that day comes but not as pleased as me... SANCTUARY AGAIN!!!

Sorry, the pictures are in reverse order but I haven't managed to fathom out how to reverse them yet!!

This workshop will measure approx 19 feet x 13 internal, the base took 850 bricks, 10 Tons of hardcore and 10 Tons of concrete.

100_1107.jpg

DSCF1419.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

DSCF1386.jpg

DSCF1040.jpg

DSCF1014.jpg

DSCF1011.jpg

I will start a new thread on this subject when I have made more progress which I hope will not be too much longer!!

The lady in my life is always asking what I get up to in the workshop apart from making sawdust...I see yours has made you install a periscope!! :D

herdsman":2giczw6r said:
The lady in my life is always asking what I get up to in the workshop apart from making sawdust...I see yours has made you install a periscope!! :D
It's not a periscope it's an intercom so she can tell Pete when his dinner is ready :lol:

love the boxs shed looks good to :D
how did you go about making the corners on the money box love the look??

Yes, Martin has done an excellent job of producing a series of step-by-step photos of the process, but you do need an Incra jig to enable you to do the joint however. Oh go on then, someone tell me they can do them by hand!!!!

Pete Robinson":2acia5x3 said:
Oh go on then, someone tell me they can do them by hand!!!!

Now there's a challenge for someone, it'll take about a week though :roll: They can also be done with a system made by Jointech, very similar to the incra.

Latest posts

Back