Paslode screws -- where from?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
Toolstation don't seem to stock Paslode "Performance Quattro" Torx headed screws any more.

It's a shame, as they're simply the best general DIY screws I've ever used, and the 4.5x50 are ideal for floorboards. Life is far too short for chewed-up heads and snapped shanks.

I tried a few other brands (Reisser are OK, but the pozi heads are too loose), but would like to find a reliable supplier of the Paslode ones.

Can anyone recommend someone, ideally in the W. Bristol area, but otherwise mail order?

Cheers,

E.

PS: a bit of Googling suggests they may have stopped making or importing them. If anyone knows, please say.

OK, just spoke to the importers:they're not being brought into the UK any more by the official route. They weren't sure if manufacturing had actually stopped (apparently EU or Norwegian).

It's a real shame as they are (were) brilliant to use. If anyone knows if they're available under another name, or from an EU supplier who will send them, please say.

Ruined my morning, that has.

E.

(the search for the perfect screw for power tools is back on again...)

woodpig":2zqmruu0 said:
Spax make nice Torx wood screws if you can't find the Paslode.

Thanks. I'll Look out for them.

I have to say that my earlier experience with Spax was dire though. I actually threw a box away, in case I picked them up by accident. I need to find some with an unthreaded shank, but all the Spax I bought were threaded right to the countersink. Haven't looked at them for years, but will do.

I was trying Torxfast (from Toolstation), but they're pretty rubbish. They're T25 (too big) and the stamped torx socket is too shallow: I actually chewed up a Torx driver bit yesterday, something I thought was impossible (OK, I sheared one off with an impact driver, after using it on about 600 of the Paslodes). They also have a rubbish thread on them and they're rather blunt so hard to start.

The search goes on...

E.

Eric The Viking":8hf6cgww said:
Toolstation don't seem to stock Paslode "Performance Quattro" Torx headed screws any more.

It's a shame, as they're simply the best general DIY screws I've ever used, and the 4.5x50 are ideal for floorboards. Life is far too short for chewed-up heads and snapped shanks.

I don't use huge amounts of screws but I picked up so#me of these at my local toolstation more by accident then design. I never thought something as simple as a screw could impress me so much. Was very disappointed when TS stopped stocking them

Back