paslode im350

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilyweely

Established Member
Reaction score
I need to pick someones brain about my paslode nail gun, which has developed a problem ( the firing pin is not returning to firing position )
and I don't know anyone (at least that will help).

Please, I am at the end of my tether (spelt right?) with the thing.

I've found the finish nailers to be quite temperamental unless stripped and cleaned on a regular basis.

Not sure what makes the firing pin return after firing, could it be it needs cleaning?

Bloody thing does my head in!

I use the first fix and the second fix guns and you must religiously strip down and clean them or they play up all the time.

ok chippy,
please understand what I am saying, if i manually push the firing pin back then it'll fire no probs, all the way through, but then firing pin thingy just stays where it is.
Could this be because it needs cleaning? Please God thats what it is, cos i cannot afford to buy another one, in fact i can't afford a newspaper at
the moment!!!

My mate uses the things all the time, and I am hoping it will be ok once cleaned. Have you ever experienced this problem with yours?

They are A RIGHT ROYAL PAIN IN THE ASS!!

might buy a hitachi one, are they any better?

thanks chippy

wouldn't have thought the Hitachi is any better but I don't know.

As I said give it a clean as per instructions and if that does not cure it you may have a bent pin but I doubt it as I don't know anyone whos bent a pin.

The other problems you get is that the gas doesn't like the winter if its too cold it wont fire. Air nailers are much more reliable but then you have to lug a compressor around.

Chippy

yeah, air compressors.

So. I bought a little compressor the other day, but it ain't up to the job.
Have already had a recommendation for a Rexon, with a nailer thrown in, but what do you think? (you seem to know what you're talkin about)?

Can you recommend a nailer/compressor set up for me, around a hundred and fifty, maybe less. (pauper)

Cheers chippy

P.s tommorrow I am gonna strip and clean the paslode with a friend who knows them inside out, so hopefully......

chippy1970":22fv379t said:
I use the first fix and the second fix guns.

Me too.......sounds like the chamber and "O" ring are dry as a bone.

Nothing a good clean and lubrication won't sort :D

Cheers

Nailer and Chippy

Thanks a lot guys, had images of folding money going up in smoke, so this is good news indeed.

I am gonna do a job on it tommorrow.

Nailer - is the paslode the ONLY cordless nail gun that'll handle 90mm that is any good, or what about Hitachi, or anyone else?

Thanks guys.

I've only ever used the Im350 so can't really comment on the Hitatchi and as i've never really had any probs with it,so not really looked any further.

Saying that though,ive not heard any horror stories either :)

Paslode seem to be the best especially if you keep them serviced and clean. We once had a couple of dodgy looking cheaper guns and they were absolute rubbish don't remember the make.

I have had a Stanley Bostitch compressor 1.5 hp for years now and its been good it came with a 50mm brad nailer which is very good quality do a search on google for one. It even runs my big masonry nail gun.

yeah, chippy, thats exactly what I thought about doing myself, just buying a compressor and nail gun and being done with it,

my brother has just got one of those ranger duo 40mm cordless nail gun/stapler things, tacwise, and I've seen it working, it seems to be ok, puts a nail in flush so....

Am seriously considering the de walt batt nailer, whaddya think?
A lot of the time I use 60mm nails in the paslode anyways, so....

cheers guys

I have used the Dewalt battery brad gun and I was very surprised it works very well, even though it has Dewalt stamped on it :lol:

Its more reliable than the Paslode bradder and it has lights on it which are great if you are inside a dark cupboard with the door shut fitting door stops. You can set it to single fire or bump firing. You dont need to buy gas either.

ok, but maybe makita will bring one out in a couple of months....

How can I find out what products are forthcoming, cos I don't wanna spend 500 quid on a nailer and have it obselete in a year.
But then again, the de walt is getting nothing but good reports.So maybe I will just go for it.

cheers chippy

neil

Back