partner wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizer":aed96fjj said:
I was a little stand offish at first as this seemed like spam. Tho I can see you are serious. However, I've seen the product and I'm afraid I don't think it's going to be particularly popular. It's an executive toy basically. You're best bet is to contact one of the big websites who retail this sort of gadget and see if they will buy a quantity from you. That way you get full control and can fill orders direct from Moscow.

I'm not up on my Russian politics, so I'm not sure if there are restrictions on this sort of thing for you. But I think this has all een dropped nowadays, hasn't it?

Yes, I'm serious.
There is no restrictions to export this kind of goods, but it's nightmare for me to talk to custome and other officials.
I've sent about one handred e-mails to Moscow gift retailers and I've got 1 (ONE!!!!) invitation to demonstrate my device. Do you think I'll get more from London retailers?

Well, I personally think that any potential investor or partner may be put off by your use of 'exotic' woods - there are always questions and doubts raised over the true sustainability of these species... That's something I've picked up from watching Dragons' Den :roll: the last couple of years. If it ain't green enough then it's "I'm out!". :wink:

Unless, of course, you can prove that these timbers all come from a renewable and sustainable source.... (There's apparently a lot of illegal paperwork and dirty money changing hands in those warmer climates...)

I think i'm missing the point of this

why would you want a buisness card dispenser on your desk ? surely the point of business cards is to carry them with you and give them to clients/contacts so that they can call/email you

if they've made it as far as your office then they probably already have your phone and email so dont need a card.

Also business cards come in plastic boxes so if you did need to keep a stack in your desk surely you'd just leave them in the box till needed.

OPJ":1255mhm4 said:
Well, I personally think that any potential investor or partner may be put off by your use of 'exotic' woods - there are always questions and doubts raised over the true sustainability of these species... That's something I've picked up from watching Dragons' Den :roll: the last couple of years. If it ain't green enough then it's "I'm out!". :wink:

Unless, of course, you can prove that these timbers all come from a renewable and sustainable source.... (There's apparently a lot of illegal paperwork and dirty money changing hands in those warmer climates...)

OK. Let's forget about exotic wood (I buy it at "Bohmans"). Let it be oak, maple, birch etc.

big soft moose":3rw4yvi9 said:

why would you want a buisness card dispenser on your desk ? surely the point of business cards is to carry them with you and give them to clients/contacts so that they can call/email you

if they've made it as far as your office then they probably already have your phone and email so dont need a card.

Also business cards come in plastic boxes so if you did need to keep a stack in your desk surely you'd just leave them in the box till needed.

People buy desk top BC holders - isn't a reason to offer my BCD to people.

big soft moose":pdtj07zy said:

Be a bit of a pipper carrying one of those in your pocket.

big soft moose":1ok93otm said:

For everybody having doubts: BCD designed not for one by one delivery only. It helps to start good communications with your potential partner or client. It's could be used for relaxation purpose also.

prombert":6hxww9ao said:
It's could be used for relaxation purpose also.

It would need a larger and different shaped hole for the UK market...

Sorry - I'll get me coat... :D

FWIW - I've not seen a single desktop business card holder for years and I work in a desk environment.

matt":owswketr said:
prombert":owswketr said:
It's could be used for relaxation purpose also.

It would need a larger and different shaped hole for the UK market...

Sorry - I'll get me coat... :D

FWIW - I've not seen a single desktop business card holder for years and I work in a desk environment.

Is the shape of UK BC not flat? It's not a problem to produce BCD for BC having different dimensions.

I've seen a lot of BC holders in on-line shops.

Please don't be distracted by Matt's comment on size and shape. The clue was in the :lol: !!

The main point is that the use of business cards in UK business has decreased with the use of electronic communications.
Add to that very few desk bound business people need to use a business card.
Maybe a bank customer service desk or perhaps a car salesman might use them but I think most business people that still use cards are in the selling side and are out meeting people can handing them cards from the pocket.
I've just retired from business and used a small silver card holder that slips into a suit jacket pocket - holds 10 or so cards and 6mm thick.
Most of the time I could infra red beam my contact details to a PDA or phone at the press of a button.
Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but I think it represents the way the UK and possibly many other countries work these days.

Bob

9fingers":1p499ayi said:
Please don't be distracted by Matt's comment on size and shape. The clue was in the :lol: !!

The main point is that the use of business cards in UK business has decreased with the use of electronic communications.
Add to that very few desk bound business people need to use a business card.
Maybe a bank customer service desk or perhaps a car salesman might use them but I think most business people that still use cards are in the selling side and are out meeting people can handing them cards from the pocket.
I've just retired from business and used a small silver card holder that slips into a suit jacket pocket - holds 10 or so cards and 6mm thick.
Most of the time I could infra red beam my contact details to a PDA or phone at the press of a button.
Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but I think it represents the way the UK and possibly many other countries work these days.

Bob

Thanks, Bob.

Alexander

Am I the only who's a bit upset by how Alexander has been treated here?

He has come here with a design for something that he has obviously spent a lot of time and thought on only to be questioned, flamed and dare I say it insulted by some of the replies here.

This is another example of someone posting a specific question or request and it rapidly being hijacked by opinion and criticism, with no-one taking the time to think of they have something genuinely useful to say. ( /rant - my apologies if I'm seem hypocritical by further hijacking the post, but I wanted to make a point to those involved)

Alexander, I realise you may not want to part with the specifics of the design but what processes are you currently using to make your current holders? maybe the forums can help to refine the process. What kind of volumes do you predict on making? Have you considered CNC routing?

Tommy.

Tommy, Alexander is asking, publicly, for investors/partners in a business. This is an open internet forum where opinions and free speech is common place. Do you expect everyone to say "That's a great product, I think it'll really do well" when in fact the opposite is obviously true. Reading back over the comments, the general consensus here is that the product is not held in high regard and surely, to the inventor, that is valuable information?

I stand by my original opinion\advice. This is a gadget and as such it needs to be aimed at a retailer and imported to the UK rather than 'partnered;. The fact that only one retailer in Russia is interested, also speaks volumes.

If you are going to offer a business opportunity on an open internet forum, expect to have it scrutinised!!

Back