Parkside track saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rufus

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Parkside track saw which has been very good for the type of work I'm doing. The splinter guard on the track is quite tired now so could do with replacing. Could anyone recommend a suitable replacement? Thanks.

I have a Parkside track saw which has been very good for the type of work I'm doing. The splinter guard on the track is quite tired now so could do with replacing. Could anyone recommend a suitable replacement? Thanks.
Peter Millard mentions Mikita replacement splinter guard in his Tracksaw Workshop series of vids. There a link in the description of the video below:

If I remember correctly I also think he mentioned in a video that you could take the splinter guard off, move it across a bit and then recut with the blade.

Last edited:
The splinter guard is only held on with tape/glue. As the Parkside track is like the Makita and splinter guard for that will work. You might need some strong doubled sided tape as the new guard may not come with any.

There is also the option of flipping the current guard round if it's wide enough, and it doesn't need to be straight when reapplying, the saw will fix that.

My preference is the splinter guard from Evolution. It’s white and much easier to see any pencil mark that you are working to. Also the Evolution splinter guard is a more rigid product, which IMO is better for preventing chipping. Very similar to Festool.

Back