• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Pallet of hardwood offcuts £330

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look like 1.2x0.8m europallets stacked maybe as much as 0.5m high depending on the pallet.
That first one linked looks to be somewhere about £20 - £25 / cubic foot maybe a pound or two more because there's a high proportion of board ends so some volume will be lost to splitting.

The maximum length seems to be about 800mm. For the price I would hope to get more timber and not have it cut up. He also says the oak may be "character" grade. I'll be interested to see the final price, I could start saving for my Christmas bonus.

I would be surprised if there was 10 cuft of material and quite a bit may be seconds so £30 to£35 cuft. £330 will buy around 6 cuft of prime selected hardwood such as cherry, a bit more beec/ash and a bit less oak /maple, which is more than enough for a larger project such as a good sized chest of drawers
So sorry dont think its a good deal (and some of the other listings looked total carp)

The listing has a 'make an offer' option which might be worth a cheeky punt.

I've had a pallet from this supplier before, about 16 months ago.
And still working through it for turning blanks, mine were more around 1.2m in general, all but a couple of shaky oak lengths have been great, had quite a good number of 3x2 tulip wood too. At time it was £295 and delivered next day at no extra.
When done with this pallet, I'd certainly go back for more.

Here's a pic of a large platter/bowl, containing about 25ft of the Tulip wood made for a wedding gift, couple of the 500x500mm blank glue up and the finished bowl.

The pint glass is only there as a scale size marker.

20210830_134718.jpg
20210830_134513.jpg
20210908_175657.jpg
20210908_180010.jpg
20210908_175726.jpg

Back