• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Painted kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
5,125
Reaction score
1,769
Location
Matching Green
This is one of my recently completed kitchens.
The trend at the moment is very simple lines, flat frames, shaker doors and grey is the new black.


dscf5141ar.jpg


dscf5132a.jpg


dscf5126a.jpg
 

beech1948

Established Member
Joined
16 Aug 2004
Messages
2,147
Reaction score
65
Location
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Can I just ask as a new comer to spraying -----How many coats, of what a primer then what.

Really impressed with the finish quality.
Al
 

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
5,125
Reaction score
1,769
Location
Matching Green
beech1948":1546u9j3 said:
Can I just ask as a new comer to spraying -----How many coats, of what a primer then what.

Really impressed with the finish quality.
Al

The kitchen has 2 coats of primer, it's then fitted and hand painted on site.
 

Jake

Established Member
Joined
5 Apr 2004
Messages
5,587
Reaction score
235
Location
London
Newbie_Neil":6mwrgq7v said:
doctor Bob":6mwrgq7v said:
The kitchen has 2 coats of primer, it's then fitted and hand painted on site.

Why do you hand paint on site?l

It's the thing for that sort of kitchen, non-sprayed, "natural" finish etc.
 

doctor Bob

Established Member
Joined
22 Jun 2011
Messages
5,125
Reaction score
1,769
Location
Matching Green
A sprayed finish is a bit too clinical, a hand painted finish done well looks fantastic, the brush strokes emphasis the rail direction.
 

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Joined
27 Jul 2003
Messages
6,537
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham, England
Bob,

doctor Bob":21umrhal said:
A sprayed finish is a bit too clinical, a hand painted finish done well looks fantastic, the brush strokes emphasis the rail direction.

Thanks for the explanation.

Neil
 
Top