Painted furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redhill Red

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

After taking Philly's advice last year I bought the B&Q HVLP spray system last year due to me making a lot of painted cabinets.

To cut a long story short whilst spraying thinned down emulsion it was a disaster and was quickly put back in the box and the brushes cleaned again.

Due to renewed enthusiasm!, I got it out the box again today, but no matter what I did I could not get it to spray properly, I even tried talking to it nicely but to no effect ( so I swore at it and put it back in the box)

Please has anyone had any success spraying emulsion with it and if so how?

Would you like to describe the problems so that someone can have a go at "debugging" the problems? Not familiar with the unit you use because I use a Wagner Industrial HVLP but if you post the symptoms maybe there's a solution.

Scrit

HVLP and emulsion paints don't mix very well by all accounts, at least until you get to three or four stage turbines.

I think it is too much to hope for from a £50 tool. Even a £400 HVLP sprayer will (according to what I've read) struggle with emulsion. Decorators tend to use (big) airless sprayers rather than HVLP for this reason.

Back