Overhead Routing article by Robert Wearing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

For those interested in overhead routing, Robert Wearing has written part one in a series about overhead routing. It is in The Router Oct/Nov 06. IMHO the article is excellent, with lots of very good photographs.

To get started with an overhead routing setup is pretty cheap. I bought the Faithfull heavy duty drill stand that cost about 33 inc. vat. and the Trend T3 for under 30. They fit together perfectly.

Cheers
Neil

Being the owner of two industrial pin routers (see avatar for details.....) I'm gradually coming round to the opinion that the inverted pin router with a guide pin above the cutter, a la Onsrud, has a number of advantages, especially when routing very long, thin pieces or inconsistent thickness stuff (like some plywoods). That said I wouldn't be without a pin router of one form or another

Scrit

I think Bob Wearing is a superstar woodworking author, sadly neglected by F&C these days.

Do write to the publisher about this, not Colin.

David C

David C":10du09f5 said:
I think Bob Wearing is a superstar woodworking author

And a very nice bloke. I met him at a woodworking show many years ago, where he had some of his books and jigs and other devices on display. They were so well made and he was so helpful to talk to about them :wink:

Paul

Latest posts

Back