Outboard turning plate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyr68

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I have recently purchased a union jubilee, and luv it , I have a few turning plates and chuck but nothing to use on the outboard side ,as was looking for advice as struggling to find an outboard plate, any advise ?

It would be a faceplate or chuck with left hand thread (1" x 10tpi I think) unless you can find one that is dual threaded LH/RH. It isn't a commonly used thread these days so you may need to either trawl the second hand sites or buy a blank faceplate/chuck and pay for it to be threaded.

Thankyou Paul , i was thinking this may be the case and was hoping someone had had the same issue with purchasing the item and had found a supplier that I may be able to use , but I like the idea of a chuck mounted on this side

If it is one with a 1½" x 6 tpi thread then Beaufort Ink do a faceplate with dual thread

That's for a Graduate.
You could buy a Versachuck an 1" x 10 backplate and an unthreaded one to get threaded LH yourself. With Versachuck/Axminster carriers it'll take either make of jaws. A bit spendy maybe but it it means you could change your lathe and change only backplates.
https://www.beaufortink.co.uk/toolpost-versachuck-wood-lathe-chucks

Latest posts

Back