Osborne EB3 Users

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilc

Established Member
Reaction score
I finally got mine last week. I ordered it from the NYW and got it delivered to my brother-in-law in LA. It was the best price I could find anywhere. He brought it home to me last week.
I'm very happy with it, but haven't decided whether to use the friction pad and tape measure. I'll probally use the friction pad but not too sure about the tape measure. Has anyone else used the tape measure? I don't see how its practical to use it if you adjust the fence for different cuts. Any views out there would be welcome.
Neil

A nice bit of kit Neil,

I stuck the tape on but never use it.

As for the supplied friction pad. I originally installed it and it was great at holding the wood in place. However, on mine, small pieces of grit kept getting dislodged and trapped under the mitre gauge causing light scoring to the table surface. I was not pleased as it was a new saw as well.

Since then I have removed the supplied tape and replaced it with the same thing from Screwfix. It's slightly less abrasive, which is not a problem, but the main thing is that the grit doesn't seem to come off like the original did.

One other mod I made was to stick a small (1cm x 1cm) piece of slick tape on the bottom of gauge on the left hand side just where it runs on the left edge of the table. It was originally scraping here and again marking the table. The small bit of tape levels the gauge up, helps it slide and works a treat.

Jeff

Neil,

I have not stuck the tape on, I could not decide were the zero should go. :roll:

I have stuck the gripper strip on and it works but is very coarse, I have not had bits fall off but will go and look for what Jeff has substituted it with, I was thinking of using a bit of fine open coat abrasive roll and carpet tape.

I have only put the measuring tape on but only use it as a rough guide for cutting lengths - the stop gets in the way of an accurate reading of the tape.

I have stuck the sandpaper on-you really need it for mitre cuts. The tape is a waste of time as I move the fence as close to the blade as possible for support-this means the tape is never right :roll:
Enjoy
Philly :D

Latest posts

Back